As a provider of capital, we are doing our part by funding sectors and businesses that are working towards solving some of the social and environmental challenges facing the world today. This includes lending our support to infrastructure, and mid-income and affordable housing providers.
Our private debt businesses provide capital for growth and revival of companies and sectors underserved by traditional providers.
Our real assets business helps to improve connectivity and access to electricity through investment across renewable energy, transmission lines and highways.
Our investments generate regular cash flows effectively supporting pensioners and insurance holders globally.
ESG considerations play an important role in our investment processes.
Our ESG Policy is guided by the UN Principles of Responsible Investments and UN Global Compact.
We disclose details regarding our ESG processes and initiatives through an annual ESG Report.
Please click the below for our ESG reports :
ISAF III (India Special Assets Fund III) is our third generation fund in the Special Situation strategy. Pursuant to the EU’s Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (EU) 2019/2088 (“SFDR”), ISAF III Fund is classified as a fund that promotes environmental and/or social characteristics. Pre-contractual disclosures relating to SFDR for ISAF III can be accessed here
IYP II (Infrastructure Yield Plus II) is our second generation fund in the Infrastructure Yield strategy. Pursuant to the EU’s Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (EU) 2019/2088 (“SFDR”), IYP II Fund is classified as a fund that promotes environmental and/or social characteristics. Pre-contractual disclosures relating to SFDR for IYP II can be accessed here
Responsibility towards Employees
Our employees are invaluable to our success.
We strive to do right by our people, and ensure that our success translates into theirs as well. Towards this end, we are working to provide them with a workplace that is conducive to their personal and professional growth and development.
We seek to create a safe working environment by ensuring their wellbeing. We focus on proactive communication, career progression, learning and development, and employee engagement. Diversity gives us a competitive advantage. We seek to foster an inclusive work environment through our policies and practices.
Employee Reward Program
Responsibility towards Environment
At Edelweiss, we are reducing our carbon footprint through responsible energy, water and waste management initiatives.
Our Contribution in numbers – FY2020 – 21
- Reduced energy intensity by 8% YoY to 136 kWh/sq.mt. p.a. in FY 2020-21 through our energy consumption optimisation initiatives
- Reduction of ~12,000 plastic water bottles, helping decrease plastic waste
- Conversion of 3.96 tonnes of food waste into compost for gardening and horticulture
- Collaboration with specialised NGOs to recycle 3.2 tonnes of paper waste into Edelweiss writing pads
- Estimated reduction of 64% in net emissions during FY21
- We have been able to reduce our GHG emission intensity by 64% during FY21
- Reduced water consumption in FY20 by ~76%
- 1.4 megalitres of sewage water was recycled in FY21
- Installation of fine aerators and flow regulators in taps to reduce water consumption